The aim of this course is to provide guidance to all crewmembers of a vessel regarding anchoring operations. Anchoring is a critical operation on vessels and is as frequent as loading and unloading cargo. When a vessel approaches a port, various factors may require its anchoring port congestion, non-availability of berth, or customs clearance.
Content Of Course
- Common types of Anchors.
- Considerations to make before anchorage.
- How to find the best area to anchor.
- How to select a good anchorage.
- Anchorage Procedure.
- Check criteria of holding Anchor.
- Construction of Anchor Chain.
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course