CARGO RECORD BOOK
The following pages show a comprehensive list of items of cargo and ballast operations which are, when appropriate, to be recorded in the Cargo Record Book on a tank-to tank basis in accordance with regulation 15.2 of Annex II of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships, 1973, as modified by the Protocol of 1978 relating thereto, as amended. The items have been grouped into operational sections, each of which is denoted by a letter.
Content Of Course
- Loading of cargo
- Internal transfer of cargo
- Unloading of cargo
- Mandatory prewash in accordance with the ship’s Procedures and Arrangements Manual
- Cleaning of cargo tans except mandatory prewash (other prewash operations, final wash, ventilation, etc.)
- Discharge into the sea of tank washings
- Ballasting of cargo tanks
- Discharge of ballast water from cargo tanks
- Accidental or other exceptional discharge
- Control by authorized surveyors
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course.