FIRE PREVENTION & FIRE FIGHTING
The STCW Fire prevention and fire-fighting course deals with the necessary precautions to minimize the risk of fires aboard ship, how fires are caused and the first means of extinguishing them. The course includes practical training in the use of fire-fighting equipment and the use of breathing apparatus for fire-fighting and rescue.
After the successful completion of the course, the participant should be able to know:
- Understand and be able to minimize the risk of fire on board,
- Know the on-board equipment, procedures and personal safety requirements in fire situations.
- Be able to fight and extinguish fires.
– Will know fire-fighting organization;
– Will know emergency exits;
– Will know fire-fighting and explosion elements (fire triangle);
– Will know ignition causes;
– Will know different burning materials, danger of fire and its spreading;
– Will know non-stop watch keeping importance;
– Will know action to prevent fire on board;
– Will know fire and smoke detecting systems;
– Will know fire classes and extinguishing agents;
– Will know fire-fighting equipment and its location on board;
– Will know fixed fire-fighting;
– Will know firefighters outfit parts;
– Will know in personal equipment;
– Will know fire-fighting equipment;
– Will know different fire-fighting methods and procedures;
– Will know using of breathing apparatus in case of fire-fighting and rescue operations.
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises.
Entry Requirement / Target Group:
Entry to this course is open for Deck & Engine (Ratings & Officers).
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course by the Fire Prevention & Fire-Fighting as a theoretical and practical skills.