SAFE MOORING OPERATION
This course acquires guidance for the safe operations of ships covering all the aspects of the mooring system, the mooring equipment arrangements including fittings and associated ship structural strength, the factors influencing the selection of mooring lines and their safe handling.
Content Of Course
- New requirements affecting the Industry Mooring Technology.
- Human-Centered mooring design and human factors in mooring operations.
- Mooring system management plan (MSMP).
- Line Management Plan (LMP).
- New terminology to describe the strength of mooring lines and equipment.
- Alternative mooring technologies and how they can be incorporated safely in the design of mooring systems for both ships and terminals.
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course.