SHIP’S HANDLING AND MANEUVERING
This course covers the training recommended in the IMO Model Course 1.22 and fulfills the training requirement for Navigating officers at the Management Level, specified in Table A-II/2 of STCW Code concerning maneuvering and handling a ship in various conditions and establishing good teamwork during Bridge Watch keeping.
Content Of Course
- Ship maneuverability
- Maneuvering in narrow waters
- Berthing, un-berthing maneuvers with or without pilot assistance
- Ship’s hull integrity
- To understand the specific maneuver abilities of ships
- To berth and un-berth various vessels under influence of wind and current with or without use of tugs
- To carry out canal passage
- To establish a proper working bridge team and co-operation with pilot.
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course