VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUNDS (VOC)
This course provides with an under of the issues created by volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions on board a crude oil tanker. Control VOC formation and reduces emissions. The development of a VOC management plan for crude oil tankers is described. This course complies with the latest VOC training requirements in MEPC.I/Cire. 680, Annex, page 23, Section 6 where a training program is to be provided for the persons in charge of the VOC management plan on board each ship.
Content Of Course
- Introduction to VOC emissions.
- Regulatory Framework for VOC.
- Introduction to principles of VOC emission control.
- Generation of VOCs during operation of a crude oil tanker.
- Tank pressure control and release systems.
- Methods to control the VOC emissions.
- Systems to control VOC emissions.
The training will be a theoretical lesson.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course.