ADVANCED TRAINING FOR OIL TANKER CARGO OPERATION
This course is designed for personnel with immediate responsibility for loading, discharging and handling of cargo on board Oil tankers. The course builds upon the knowledge and skills acquired in the Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations, with a particular emphasis on Oil tankers.
Content Of The Course
– Basic properties of petroleum and its hazard;
– Cargo characteristics;
– Cargo calculations;
– Safety, general precautions, equipment and entry into enclosed spaces;
– Pollution prevention;
– Oil tanker design and equipment (heating, pumping, venting, etc.);
– Oil tanker operations (loading, discharging, ballast, cleaning, ship/shore, etc.);
– Theory of pumps and pressure surge;
– Emergency procedures;
– Repair and maintenance;
The training will be theoretical lessons.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course