BALLAST WATER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SPECIFIC
The IMO Ballast Water Management Convention (2004) has been ratified and requires all ships to implement a Ballast Water Management plan. It involves an environmental responsibility for the shipping industry to put measures in place to avoid pollution through the transfer of non- indigenous bio species from one area of the world to another in the ship’s water ballast.
This course is primarily intended for Deck and Engine Officers who will be responsible for the over-all safety of the ship and its operation, welfare and safety of all personnel on board and avoidance of damage to the environment particularly the marine environment. However, Deck and engine ratings are targeted as well as they are also taking responsibilities of safety on board company ships.
Content Of Course
- Have knowledge of the main requirements of BWMC and its importance
- Recognize BWM treatment technologies
- Identify ballast water management practices
- Know the regulations and aspects to be considered for a BWMP
- Implement BWMP taking into account the design & operational limitations
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course