COLLISION AVOIDANCE COURSE-COLREG-COLLISION REGULATIONS
This one-day course will provide training in the basic theory and use of collision avoidance devices for officers in charge of the navigational watch. This course includes exercises in communication, simulation in electronics navigation with application of ColReg 1972 by the use of ECDIS, RADAR and Automatic Plotting Aids. AIS, compass, communication equipment, sounds and lights signals were also included in simulation exercises. Radar simulator to provide exercises in radar setting-up selection of operational alarms and ARPA facilities, to get information from other ships about their movement, speed, direction, CPA and TCPA; the recognition of potential threats; the use of ARPA to avoid close quarter situation in accordance with regulation in preventing collision at sea (ColReg) and the monitoring of such action.
Content Of Course
- Operate the anti-collision devices.
- Perform electronic navigation simulated exercises with the application of ColReg 1972.
- Choose the RADAR mode of display; select plotting and graphics control suitable to the existing circumstances;
- Identify operational alarms in ECDIS/RADAR, acquire and track targets, which present potential threat of collision.
- Identify target’s course, speed, CPA and TCPA to avoid close quarter situation:
- Operate ARPA trial maneuver function to confirm own ship’s actions.
- Perform the standard set out in IMO assembly Resolution A. 823 (19) and factors (including errors in course in speed inputs) which may affect the accuracy of derived information;
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course