ECDIS FAMILIARIZATION TYPE-SPECIFIC COURSE
Course Aims: After the successful completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
After the successful completion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- Operate the system with all available functions in order to navigate safely under all conditions
- Explain the system’s menu structure
- Explain and utilize the system’s display setup
- Set safety values
- Recognize alarm and malfunction indicators and actions to be taken
- Planning and validating routes
- Monitor routes on the system
- Change over to backup systems
- Install and update charts and licenses
- Type-specific familiarization training
- Basic operations
- Navigation tools and functions
- Setting of safety parameters
- Sensor inputs and alarm handling
- Route planning, validation and monitoring
- Charts management
- Chart installation and updates
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises.
Entry Requirement / Target Group:
Entry to this course is open for Navigating (deck) Officers with basic navigation knowledge.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who fulfills the Course by the ECDIS Type-Specific model maker.